Current Version: v1.01
Last Updated: 14 December 2020
Thankyou Payroll is a payroll intermediary service provided by Thankyou Payroll Limited.
In this Policy Thankyou Payroll, we, us and our means Thankyou Payroll Limited. Thankyou Payroll is bound by the Privacy Act 2020.
What is personal information?
- ‘Personal information’ is information about an identifiable individual.
Why does Thankyou Payroll collect personal information?
- We collect personal information in order to conduct our business, to provide and market our services and to meet our legal obligations.
Who does Thankyou Payroll collect personal information about?
- We collect and hold personal information about (but not limited to):
- clients and potential clients and their employees and contractors;
- individuals we deal with in the course of carrying on our business;
- suppliers and their employees and contractors;
- prospective employees, employees and contractors; and
- other people who come into contact with Thankyou Payroll.
What kinds of personal information does Thankyou Payroll collect?
- In general, and depending upon the nature of the person’s connection with Thankyou Payroll, the type of personal information we collect and hold includes (but is not limited to): names, addresses, contact details, occupations, personal preference payment details, salary and payroll information, IRD number and tax details, bank account information, leave entitlements and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations.
- In some cases, if personal information we request is not provided, it might adversely impact our ability to supply our services or to perform our obligations.
How does Thankyou Payroll collect personal information?
- Except as otherwise permitted by law, we will collect personal information:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us;
- from your employer when it provides your details to us for the purpose of providing our service;
- from Inland Revenue, if your employer has completed an IR920 linking Us as a payroll intermediary;
- from you indirectly (through emails, forms, telephone conversations and through the use of the services and facilities available through our websites and social media channels);
- from publicly available websites.
Management of personal information
- We take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. Thankyou Payroll’s personnel are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
- We take reasonable steps to protect personal information held by us from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records.
- Where we no longer require your personal information we will comply with our legal obligations in respect of that information. In the case of your tax information, we will hold this for up to seven years.
How might Thankyou Payroll collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
- In general, we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to conduct our business;
- to provide and market our services to you;
- to communicate with you;
- to verify your identify if you need help with a forgotten password or are having problems accessing your information;
- for internal business purposes (for example, procedures, risk management, staff training and billing); and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
To whom might Thankyou Payroll disclose your personal information?
- We may disclose your personal information to:
- your employer;
- Inland Revenue Department;
- other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as mailing houses, hosting and data storage providers);
- anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- where we are required to do so by law.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
- We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. Contact details are set out below. You have the right to correct any personal information we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. If a fee is to be charged, we will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
Updates to this Policy
- This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the changing business environment. The most current version of this Policy is located at thankyoupayroll.co.nz and can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.